|Malaysian Technical Cooperation Programme (MTCP) 2012: Senior Management Programme on Managing Research Technological Organizations|
Date: June 17-24, 2012
Venue: SIRIM Berhad, MALAYSIA
The MTCP is part of the strategy and commitment of the Malaysian Government to promote technical cooperation, strengthening regional and sub-regional cooperation and nurturing collective self-reliance among developing countries. The Programme was formulated based on the belief that the development of a country depends on the quality of its human resources through training that provides a platform for information sharing and development of experience.
OBJECTIVES OF COURSE
The Senior Management Programme on Managing Research Technological Organizations (RTOs) is aimed to enhance the leadership capacity of RTOs in boosting the performance of their organizations leading to their sustainable success.
The core objectives of this course are:
· To strengthen strategic competencies of Senior RTO Management Officials in managing and leading RTOs through sharing of best practices
· To enhance leadership skills of high-potential personnel in RTOs
· To provide a platform for establishing networking among senior officials of RTOs and promoting of joint cooperation among RTOs in developing countries
This course covers the following topics:
i. Leading and Managing RTOs
· Effective Business Models for Managing RTOs
· Organizational Management
· Managing Change
· Performance Mangement
ii. Prospecting and Capturing Business Opportunities from Technology and Innovation
· Planning and Identification of Marketable Technology Research Area
· Value Creation of Technologies for Competitive Advantage of Business and Industries
· Managing Technology Commercialization
iii. Delivering Values from R&D
· Enhancing Value of RTO Services
· Positioning the Needs for R&D Business and Networking
· Effective Client Management
iv. Reaching for RTO Sustainability
· Managing Technical Professionals for High Performance
· Profiting from Research, Technology and Innovation
REQUIREMENTS FOR ADMISSION
Applicants of the course are obliged to fulfil the following requirements:
i. Chief Executive Officers, Directors, Heads of Organizations, Senior Management Officers and Policy Makers from international Research and Technology Organizations, Government Agencies, Universities, etc.
ii. Preferred age for candidate is 45-55 years old and has not participated in any course under the MTCP programme.
iii. Should possess a good command of the English Language (both spoken and written abilities)
iv. Medically fit to attend the course
v. Valid Passport
HOW TO APPLY
Application must be made using the standard application form obtainable from the official representatives (Embassies, High Commissions, etc.) of the Malaysian Government in the applicant’s respective country or from SIRIM Berhad.
Submitted application form must be accompanied by the applicant's medical report and a copy of his/her passport.
Applicants will be notified of their acceptance to the course either through the Malaysian Embassies or by SIRIM Berhad.
All applications must reach the above address by MAY 6, 2012.
For more information on this course, you may download the BROCHURE AND APPLICATION FORM by clicking HERE
For further inquiries regarding the course, applicants can contact the Malaysian official representatives in their respective countries, write or e-mail to the following address:
Course Coordinator (MTCP Programme)
1, Persiaran Dato’ Menteri
Section 2, P.O. Box 7035
40700 Shah Alam
Selangor Darul Ehsan, MALAYSIA
(Attn: Mr. Mair Nesrul Zainal Abidin)
Phone: (603) 5544 6513
Fax: (603) 5544 6735